What images shocked or bothered you the most? What is your reaction to the more recent stereotypes? Have we changed? Can you find any other stereotypes that impact your age group?
The images that shocked me or bothered me the most were the images being advertised by African-Americans like; cream of wheat, pancakes, jello, and double rich bourbon as well as using Natives to advertise an electric hair brush. These images bother me because we also eat pancakes and jello not just African- Americans and Natives for this reasoning I think they should have some Candian advertisment as we also use these products in Canada.
My reaction to the more recent stereotypes is that I found there were a lot more guys advertising thing in magazines like Steve Nash who is advertising basketball which leads to bringing your A game. Why don't they have a female basketball player advertising it? Something else I also noticed is when it said that Afican-Americans are being advertised in a more angry and frightening matter.
No, I don't think we have changed because when you look at magazines today like sports magazines they are mostly males advertising something. Example; underarmour. However, hockey today isn't just males playing it, it is also females as well.
Other stereotypes that impact my age group is when we are choosing courses for our future jobs down the road. For example; doctor, nurse, firefighter, hair dresser etc...
My reaction to the more recent stereotypes is that I found there were a lot more guys advertising thing in magazines like Steve Nash who is advertising basketball which leads to bringing your A game. Why don't they have a female basketball player advertising it? Something else I also noticed is when it said that Afican-Americans are being advertised in a more angry and frightening matter.
No, I don't think we have changed because when you look at magazines today like sports magazines they are mostly males advertising something. Example; underarmour. However, hockey today isn't just males playing it, it is also females as well.
Other stereotypes that impact my age group is when we are choosing courses for our future jobs down the road. For example; doctor, nurse, firefighter, hair dresser etc...